Tuesday 24 February 2015

Have a bench warrant for failure to appear in misd. traffic case. I have a court date now. Will they arrest me when I appear or will they ju...

Question

Have a bench warrant for failure to appear in misd. traffic case. I have a court date now. Will they arrest me when I appear or will they just hear the case?



Answer

Although it's impossible to predict the result of any court hearing, I doubt they will arrest you based on a single failure to appear. You indicated your case is a misdemeanor. Misdemeanors are serious criminal matters the outcome of which could include significant fines, probation, jail time, and a permanent criminal record that could impair your ability to find employment. You should retain an attorney to defend the misdemeanor charges if possible. In most cases retaining an attorney will achieve the best possible result, and you will not have to go to most court hearings thus saving you from having to take time off from work.



No comments:

Post a Comment