Saturday 28 February 2015

I want to divorce my husband. He is not so much for the divorce. He isn't here very often as he works a lot of hours, more than his mandator...

Question

I want to divorce my husband. He is not so much for the divorce. He isn't here very often as he works a lot of hours, more than his mandatory 8.5 hour day. We have 2 children, one with special emotional needs. I have worked part time to be able to take care of our children for the past 6 years. We own a home and 2 cars. The cars are both paid in full. He doesn't want to pay child support, and he wants to keep the house, since I'm the one who wants to leave. We have been in the house for almost 10 years. My issue is I can't support the kids on my own with my current job, and I want some of the equity out of the house so I can start my life over. I don't want the divorce to be messy because of the kids. I know that is kind of an oxymoron, but I want this to be as easy on them as possible. How do I go about a divorce that I can afford, and not lose out on all the things I have helped to work for?



Answer

If your husband wants to keep the house he will have to buy you out. Further, there is no way he will be able to avoid paying child support. That said to accomplish your goal you will need to have a lawyer. This not a task you can do on your own,

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. The initial consultation is free.

John



No comments:

Post a Comment