Friday 27 February 2015

I had a conditional probation assigned to me after getting a traffic ticket. She was only supposed to be my probation officer until I paid t...

Question

I had a conditional probation assigned to me after getting a traffic ticket. She was only supposed to be my probation officer until I paid the ticket off, I didnt get a chance to due to me losing my job. I was informed that if I didn't have the ticket paid by a certain time I would be taken back to court. I didn't make my last visit with her so I dont know what action was taken. I also have a probation officer for a different matter, my question is can my main probation officer lock me up for not paying off the traffic probation officer if I had a warrant?



Answer

The worst thing you can do when on probation is to not report. People don't get jailed for being too poor to pay. They do get jailed for not reporting. You need a lawyer now. You have a very good possibility of jail.



No comments:

Post a Comment