Monday 18 August 2014

I left an antique clock at my mother's home when I moved out of state. My mother remarried. She died 15 years ago. My stepfarther has died r...

Question

I left an antique clock at my mother's home when I moved out of state. My mother remarried. She died 15 years ago. My stepfarther has died recently. Is that clock still mine or does it belong to the Estate as my stepfather lived in my mother's house. The house belongs to me and my brother.



Answer

If you can prove original ownership this should be your clock. You need to see if your mother made any mention of it in her Will or if your stepfather mentioned it in his Will or his heirs are claiming it as part of his personal property. If so, you may have to litigate current ownership. Also, your brother may make a claim as to part ownership as it is in the house you both own. This is a response to an Internet question and the reply is not intended to be legal advice or as creating an attorney-client relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment