Monday 25 August 2014

My spouse forged my name on a quit claim deed and refinanced the marital residence and two rental properties. He moved out of the marital re...

Question

My spouse forged my name on a quit claim deed and refinanced the marital residence and two rental properties. He moved out of the marital residence and after two years I filed for divorce. He has paid the mortgage on the marital residence and I have maintained the upkeep, as he earns twice my salary and keeps all the rental profits. He is now asking for Epstein credits. Am I entitled to the monies he illegally refinanced from the properties? Is he entitled to Epstein or Watts credits even if he stated in writing he would pay the marital residence mortgage.



Answer

You need a lawyer. He probably is entitled to credits. You are probably entitled to some or all of the rents based on the forged quitclaims. You really need a lawyer.



No comments:

Post a Comment