Sunday 31 August 2014

What to do if someone hit my car and admitted what they did to the police but they are now changing their story and their insurance is refus...

Question

What to do if someone hit my car and admitted what they did to the police but they are now changing their story and their insurance is refusing to pay?

The police didn't take a report because there were no injuries but did get a recorded statement from the responsible driver admitting what he did, which the police agreed showed him being at fault. the way he hit me (my driver's door) from him in a turn lane makes it very difficult for him to not accept fault.

Now his insurance carrier is claiming he was stopped and wasn't at fault, disagreeing with the statement to the police and the facts of the accident. I'm having difficulty getting the recorded statement from the police and have lost $5,000-$7,000 in diminished value in my car after the repairs. How can I hold the guilty party responsible for fault and for covering the value my car lost from the damages?

Thank you.



Answer

Turn it over to your insurance company. It's what you pay your premiums for.



Answer

How? File a claim with your insurance company. If you have none, then sue him and present your evidence to the judge. No mystery here.



No comments:

Post a Comment