Tuesday 25 February 2014

my mother died in 1973, her husband and her was buying a house and had it paid half way, my stepfather continued living in the house.I am th...

Question

my mother died in 1973, her husband and her was buying a house and had it paid half way, my stepfather continued living in the house.I am the only child of my mothers, butthere was nothing ever said about me having half ownership of my mothers half of the estate. so I asumed he was sole owner. he, my stepfather died in 1994 and his sisters and 2 neices and 1 neohew kept the house in their family. now 2011 the family of my stepfather tried to sell the house and find i am half owner of that house. my question is does my inheritance only go back to the worth of the house in 1973 or the worth of the house in 2011?



Answer

You own the worth of the house today l- when it is sold. It is possible that if the other people involved spent monies in addition to repair and maintenance that you may owe them back a portion of that, but they also owe you rent. Hire a lawyer to help you through this.



No comments:

Post a Comment