Monday 17 February 2014

Harrassment through legal system and being taken to court for grandmothers visitation rightsI am a single mom who has raised my son on my ow...

Question

Harrassment through legal system and being taken to court for grandmothers visitation rights

I am a single mom who has raised my son on my own with very little help the help i have received has caused a painful wound in my heart .

My sons grandmother on his fathers side (we were never married) was charged with child endangerment with my son who was almost 2 and arrested Jan 2008 . June 2008 she was found guilty by the judicial system. At that time my contact with her was stopped for the safety of my son. August 18th 2008 my sons father passed away and she ( my sons fathers mother)begged me for a second chance to be involved in my sons life. With time we repaired our relationship. I moved in my sons grandmothers house in july 2010 yet paying 500.00 a month in rent this was so I could return to school. She was to watch my son for 5 hours Mon - thur while i was at school. May of 2011 I was informed by my sons teacher at school that she was late to get him on more then one occassion and he was being dropped off at a friends house he attends school with whose parents who do not speak english. the mother expressed concern to the teacher for she had no contact information and because i was not informed of where my child was. At this point i went to confront my sons grandmother and she tells me " she can do whatever she wants with her grandson!" I told her she would no longer watch my son and she told me to leave her home ( kicked us out of her house) and she was going to call DCFS to file false accusations against me. I make new living arrangements and receive a motion to go to court in the mail.May 25 I had to go to court for a motion for grandparents visitation. When making the appointment with the mediator she threatened to sue me for deformation of character when i did nothing. July 21 went to mediation she wants 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year, and for me to pay 54.00 every time she is caring for my son. This is outrageous there is no agreement made and she now threatens me that she is going to get full custody of my son . I receive another motion in the mail July23 to go to court in 2 weeks. I now fear for the safety of my son and worry under her care if granted visitation that I would never see my son again because of all of her threats to me. His grandmother is not responsible at all and may have underlying mental health issues due to the actions she has made while in the care of my son. there have been way too many mistakes and I just want her out of both of our lives for good because that is in the best interest of my son. Since this case I have been suffering emotional trauma and the stress has increased my migraines and decreased my trust. Anyone that can help me please this has been a very painful process and I just want this to end so i can focus on whats really important my son living a good life and being safe. I am a full time college student preparing for a career as a nurse.



Answer

You need to hire an attorney as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment