Friday 21 November 2014

My real estate broker (whom I paid commission to for this service)rented my house to tenants a month ago and had them enter into a year leas...

Question

My real estate broker (whom I paid commission to for this service)rented my house to tenants a month ago and had them enter into a year lease agreement with me as Landlord. He privately discussed with them about purchasing a home however they could not afford mine. He has now convinced my tenants to break their lease and go into contract purchasing another home only 2 months after entering into a year lease agreement with me. Because he was acting as my representation and had me enter into an agreement, had tenants move in, and now only 2 months later is knowingly having tenants break lease can I sue him?



Answer

You have a cause of action against both the tenants and the realtor. Your case against the realtor will depend on being able to prove that he induced the tenants to breach the lease. However, that should be fairly easy if he acted as an agent in the subsequent purchase. If you would like to discuss how to proceed in this to best protect your rights and options, give me a call.

See also: http://info.corbettlaw.net/lawguru.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment