Tuesday 25 November 2014

I have a 3 bedroom condo that I rent out to 3 college students in Orange County, California. One of the 3 students just got put in jail for ...

Question

I have a 3 bedroom condo that I rent out to 3 college students in Orange County, California. One of the 3 students just got put in jail for at least the next 6 months. Are there any documents or forms that I need to have the jailed 3rd roommate sign to properly get him out of the property? I would like to be able to let the other two roommates stay in the unit, and help them find a new 3rd person to live with. Please advise me what my risks are, and any proper legal terms to get the jailed roomate to relinquish his rights to the unit.



Answer

You need to either have the tenants permission to move him out or evict them.



No comments:

Post a Comment