Saturday 22 March 2014

I was wondering what it takes to have parental rights terminated? My ex husband has failed to pay child support for almost a year and a half...

Question

I was wondering what it takes to have parental rights terminated? My ex husband has failed to pay child support for almost a year and a half and his visits have been terminated with the children since May because he has not done BIP or SA classes. He keeps telling the judge that he has cancer and a back surgery that keeps getting rescheduled

(both lies). So he has to stay on his narcotics. I know for a fact that he is injecting them and is still a "junkie". In my divorce I have sole parental responsibility and he is suppose to have visitation at a center. However he has not even registered at the center or shown any interest in trying to get his life together to be able to see his kids. How much of a chance do I have at terminating his rights?

Additional information

This all started with a DVI in May 2010.

My fiance would also like to adopt my daughters.



Answer

It can be done with or without his consent. However, if this has only been a year, maybe not. Does he have telephone contact with the children. Another factor would be the age of the children. Check with a family law attorney in your area .



No comments:

Post a Comment