Thursday 27 March 2014

I am married and in june I received a settlement of a large lump sum of money, I devided the money in to a cd account my wifes personal acco...

Question

I am married and in june I received a settlement of a large lump sum of money, I devided the money in to a cd account my wifes personal account and 2 joint accounts savings and checking mid june my wife transfered all money from the joint accounts in to her personal acount so I pulled half of the cash from the cd account and went in and opened a personal account I said no to online banking and yes to the debit card now, I just returned home in january and haven't had access to my account and the money is gone, I went to the bank to help figure out what happened and was informed that I had onlinebanking set up and transfered my money to my wife and joint accounts. This is impossible I had no way of doing that. I have been informed that the police say because we r married that they can't do anything about it and? The bank says that if the police say they can't charge her then the bank can't help me. What can I do? I received 153,000.00 and put 25 away for me and spent may be 5 thousand of that 25 and not have nothing. Please help me!!



Answer

The bank is full of it. The bank's duty to you, and the bank's liability does not depend on whether the police ignore something or bring charges to a prosecutor.

I suggest you gather up any and all relevant documents to when you opened this account, and see an attorney. You may have recourse civilly against the bank.



No comments:

Post a Comment