Friday 21 March 2014

I rented two bedrooms as a roommate to ensure that I would not have to share bathroom. The home owner/ roommate assured me NO ONE would ente...

Question

I rented two bedrooms as a roommate to ensure that I would not have to share bathroom. The home owner/ roommate assured me NO ONE would enter any of the 3 rooms. Over the 15 months I have lived here (month to month), I have turned on power and cable 3 times and often paid rent early- always by check. Over time she sent people to use my bathroom and now my bath room is used exclusively by ALL her company including her kids and grandkids. A week ago an expensive piece of jewelry went missing from my nitestand and I informed her I am leaving.

I paid last month first and still have over a month paid up but in the meantime, what can I do to either keep people out of the rooms I paid for or leave immediately and get my money back?

Additionally she told me with amusement how she threw away personal items a previous roommate mistakenly left in garage- when the person remembered her stuff and asked for it she was laughed at.

I usually get mail several times a week but she has only given me one item in the last week- can she throw my mail away legally?



Answer

put in a change of address card ASAP to a po box. She is already letting you know the game. Get all your stuff out and placed elsewhere if you have items in the garage. Did you get renters insurance? does she have homeowners insurance. If she has homeowners insurance, sue her company the value of the lost jewelry . She has used you as much as she can , that is why the kids are coming into your room. good luck



No comments:

Post a Comment