Saturday 22 March 2014

I am engaged and would like to know if I marry my fiancee who has a child from a previous marriage will my income count and can his ex wife ...

Question

I am engaged and would like to know if I marry my fiancee who has a child from a previous marriage will my income count and can his ex wife demand more money when we get married for child support?



Answer

Your income once married does go into the formula for calculating support, but only to calculate how it will affect the taxation and deductions for his income. Support is calculated on his income only, after taxes and certain deductions. By getting married his taxes and deductions probably will change. Whether the change will increase or decrease his support can't be determined until the numbers are run through the support calculation program, but it is unlikely to be a significant change either way.



No comments:

Post a Comment