Monday 23 March 2015

Michigan. I am defendant. Judge dismissed my case. (plaintiff did not show) (midland funding) . later found out they requested telephone con...

Question

Michigan. I am defendant. Judge dismissed my case. (plaintiff did not show) (midland funding) . later found out they requested telephone conference. Can the Judge reverse the ruling? Can plaintiff request another pretrial?



Answer

It depends on the nature of the Judge's dismissal. Likely the Judge dismissed the case "without prejudice". This means that the Plaintiff could re-open the case. Conversely, if the Judge dismissed "with prejudice" then the case is truly closed.

I recommend you consult with an attorney and bring all court paperwork in your possession. The attorney will be able to advise you of your options.



No comments:

Post a Comment