Tuesday 31 March 2015

I was employed with a small company (7 employees) and was mistreated, harrassed, called names, etc. They can get away with it because they h...

Question

I was employed with a small company (7 employees) and was mistreated, harrassed, called names, etc. They can get away with it because they have less than 50 people, in the 51 weeks I was there they hired and fired 4 people...they are proud of that fact. I asked to be treated as a professional and was fired. Now they are fighting my unemployment for "misconduct". I have a log of all the incidents were mistreatment occurred, I was never given a warning for any prior "incident". My question is, I never signed a confidentiality agreement with this or any other company and I have information about a Disney-esque acquisition, could I release the company behind the acquistions that my former employer was hired by without recourse to me?



Answer

Whether you signed a confidnetiality agreement or not, there is a trade secret law in Illinois that gives protection to an employer's confidential information. My office has litigated many of these matters as well as unemployment benefits issues. We are happy to speak with you today. Please contact us to set up a complemtary consultation.



No comments:

Post a Comment