Thursday 26 March 2015

I currently rent a house with my girlfriend. Our relationship has turned very unhealthy. She has threatened suicide, our realtionship has be...

Question

I currently rent a house with my girlfriend. Our relationship has turned very unhealthy. She has threatened suicide, our realtionship has become violent, she has stalked me, and a number of other really unhealthy things that are above normal realtionship problems. She has created an environment that I feel unsafe living in. I have given her the option of assuming the lease or I will--she will not and demands that I live up to the terms of the lease. It is unsafe, and i will not live there. Am i still liable for the rent, if she will not move out or break the lease with me? I cannot afford the rent as well as pay for another place to stay. Please help.



Answer

Yes, either way you're liable on the lease unless your landlord is willing

"to give you a pass" on it, so to speak (not too likely).



No comments:

Post a Comment