Saturday 26 April 2014

when my son was born the courts said that i would get to claim him on my taxes every other year. last year his mother had my parental rights...

Question

when my son was born the courts said that i would get to claim him on my taxes every other year. last year his mother had my parental rights terminated but is still collecting child support. it is my turn to claim him for taxes so my question is can i still claim him if im still paying child support even though my parental rights were terminated?



Answer

YES. The termination should not in any way effect the underlying child support orders, which means the previous allocation of tax exemptions should remain.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options if she is resisting this Order.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004

(602)254-7251

Fax (602)254-1229

www.familylawaz.com



No comments:

Post a Comment