Saturday 19 April 2014

My boyfriend might be having a child, whether it's his or not, we are not sure, if it is his we want me to adopt the child as we are going t...

Question

My boyfriend might be having a child, whether it's his or not, we are not sure, if it is his we want me to adopt the child as we are going to get married anyways but the mother is against me adopting the child what can we do?



Answer

The mother would need to consent to the adoption or her rights would have to be terminated for you to adopt. Grounds for termination include but are to limited to: abandonment for more than 6 months, neglect or abuse etc. Your boyfriend should take the necessary steps to protect his rights immediately. You may have him contact attorney Carlie Owsley Walker at The Owsley Law Firm for a free 30 minute consultation at 623-748-8973.



No comments:

Post a Comment