Monday 21 April 2014

I'm divorced. Signed over the house and all rights to it to X-wife She had 60 days to refinance and get my name off the mortage. Its been we...

Question

I'm divorced. Signed over the house and all rights to it to X-wife She had 60 days to refinance and get my name off the mortage. Its been well over 90 days. Is there anything I can do. Shes in contempt of court. Where do I go for help.



Answer

You should really go to the attorney who handled your divorce with this issue. Or you should go to one now. A contempt citation or show cause hearing is appropriate at this point. However, if your ex isn't able to qualify for the loan, then there ins't anything that she can do. In the meantime, if payments aren't being made, you are liable for the loan just as much as she is and you should make arrangements to bring the account up to date.



No comments:

Post a Comment