Tuesday 21 October 2014

My husband and I have been separated for a little over 1 yr. I have given him several chances and opportunities to pick up his things. I was...

Question

My husband and I have been separated for a little over 1 yr. I have given him several chances and opportunities to pick up his things. I was trying to move out and told him that whatever was left over was going home with my mom. He didn't pick it up so she took it. He now wants it back and I told him he has to pick it up from my mom. He is now threatening to pull the divorce paperwork. Is what I did legal? He says that he is not going to go pick it up. He wants my mom to bring it back. I have already done that before and he never picked it up. Just wondering if I have that right.



Answer

I'm not sure what "pull the divorce paperwork" means. Has a divorce petition been filed? If he filed it, you should file a counterpetition - that way he can't unilaterally dismiss the divorce.

What you did is legal.



No comments:

Post a Comment