Sunday 19 October 2014

Is it legal for a company psychologist to make recommendations for the company's employees without informed consent? I worked as a researche...

Question

Is it legal for a company psychologist to make recommendations for the company's employees without informed consent?

I worked as a researcher for a company several years ago and I had a disagreement with my supervisor that resulted in my leaving my job; I started passing out every once in awhile at about the same time, which I still do--I contacted the company in writing and I asked that any and all agreements that I had with them be severed given that I no longer work for them, and they refused to honor my request. I have spoke about this symptom with a few doctors, and most have stated that they are not willing to assist. Could a company psychologist make this kind of a recommendation (for example could I have a disagreement [that is non-violent but effusive] with my boss, resulting in him contacting the company psychologist and having that person diagnose me with something and making recommendations without discussing those recommendations with me?)



Answer

You can file a claim for worker's compensation benefits. You need to report your psychiatric problems to your employer and ask them to send you to a doctor. If they refuse to do that an attorney can send you to a doctor for further treatment. If a doctor fins that you are unable to return to work, you can receive temporary disability benefits. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.



No comments:

Post a Comment