Saturday 20 December 2014

I was actively recruited by a large national bank...(Wells Fargo) I was blatantly misled about key critical aspects of the job and would not...

Question

I was actively recruited by a large national bank...(Wells Fargo) I was blatantly misled about key critical aspects of the job and would not have gone to work there had I known about these things. I was wondering if it is legal to bait and switch a recruit in the hiring process? Thanks



Answer

No, it is not, but it is usually very hard to prove, since so much of the hiring process is in conversations and not documented. Furthermore, unless they misrepresented measurable and economically significant aspects of the job (such as revenue history of a territory for a commissioned sales person), it is very hard to establish any damages that are worth suing over.



No comments:

Post a Comment