Saturday 27 December 2014

I'm employed with my partner at a certain company in Virginia. Our situation is unique - in our contract, signed by both us and the owners o...

Question

I'm employed with my partner at a certain company in Virginia. Our situation is unique - in our contract, signed by both us and the owners of the company, we are supposed to be paid X amount of dollars per month (a salary more or less). Instead, we are being paid an hourly wage, making far less than we should per our contract. We have been given no explanation regarding this lower rate of pay, and though we have asked about it, our questions have been dodged. My question is: do my partner and I have grounds for a lawsuit against our employers?



Answer

Yes, if you can prove that your employer has violated a previous

enforceable contract(whether written or verbal) concerning your rate of compensation which you were to be paid for your work.

Otherwise, not likely.



No comments:

Post a Comment