Wednesday 18 June 2014

I was arrested back in 2002 and I paid my fine... went on about my life and today I was contacted by a place of employment that my backgroun...

Question

I was arrested back in 2002 and I paid my fine... went on about my life and today I was contacted by a place of employment that my background check had a bench warrant on it. I contacted the county and they said they never received payment. What can I do? This was 9 years ago and no one ever contacted me about this and of course I don't have a receipt. I have even moved, had my license renewed and been called for jury duty twice and have not heard a peep about this. Heck I worked for the government for over 7 years and they do background checks and this has never came up. I am so confused!



Answer

All you can do is come up with some sort of proof of payment, like a canceled check, or pay the fine again and ask that the warrant be rescinded.



No comments:

Post a Comment