Tuesday 28 January 2014

My wife abandoned me and my children 11 months ago and we haven't seen or heard from her since. I live in Florida and would like to get a di...

Question

My wife abandoned me and my children 11 months ago and we haven't seen or heard from her since. I live in Florida and would like to get a divorce and custody of my children. How do I go about doing this and do I have to have a lawyer?



Answer

You can certainly obtain the divorce without the lawyer but that is all you will get - a divorce by default if you can not serve her. As to the children, you will have to know where she is and have her properly served. I don't recommend trying this pro se when children are involved but if you feel you can achieve it that will be your decision. Just remember there are no do overs.

If I can be of assistance, please contact my office for an appointment. 904-997-1031



Answer

It is certainly possible to get a divorce without an attorney, but in a situation where there are children and the other spouse cannot be found, you may be better off hiring one to help you through this difficult situation.



Answer

Sorry to hear of your situation. You should get a lawyer because the ex will need to be located. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659.



Answer

Yes. If you cannot find her you can proceed by publication (or posting) but you have to show you have diligently searched for her. This process is technical and it is suggested you hire the services of an attorney.

Natalie Hall, Esq

(407) 412-7035

[email protected]/* */



No comments:

Post a Comment