Thursday 23 January 2014

Me and my husband just got married last July of 2012 and moved to other state in aug. in the same year due to his job, so I have to resign i...

Question

Me and my husband just got married last July of 2012 and moved to other state in aug. in the same year due to his job, so I have to resign in my job.

We decided to buy a new home, right now we are building a new house but its so sad that I just find out that he didn't include my name to it and even to his bank account im not included .when I confronted him about it he told me that the money that we spend to the new house is the money from the old house that he own before the marriage and it shouldn't be decided . My question is is this true and what is my rights ?



Answer

Do you live in Florida? If so, you have homestead rights to the house no matter if your name is on it or not. As for his response, sounds like he thinks he gets to keep everything if you split. Not a great way to start your life to together. I suggest some counseling.



No comments:

Post a Comment