Wednesday 28 January 2015

I am a real estate broker in NYC. I have a hotel that is for sale in Costa Rica. I am in process of creating an exclusive listing agreement....

Question

I am a real estate broker in NYC. I have a hotel that is for sale in Costa Rica. I am in process of creating an exclusive listing agreement. I am wondering what steps or verbiage do i need to safeguard myself and my company from any side deals or non compliance that I may face so that they don't wiggle out of the commission fee, or I have to run after them legally for my commission fees?



Answer

You are right to be considerate and cautious in creating such an agreement. You have to be concerned not only about NY/US laws, but of Costa Rican laws as well. You are probably best off consulting with either one lawyer who is admitted in Costa Rica and New York, or find one in each jurisdiction to pose these questions to so that you can make as air tight of an agreement as you can.



No comments:

Post a Comment