Tuesday 17 June 2014

I received a summons for a car accident that took place almost 3 years ago. In the summons it states that I received a citation for the acci...

Question

I received a summons for a car accident that took place almost 3 years ago. In the summons it states that I received a citation for the accident but I did not. The police did not even show up to the scene. Also the summons says that I was driving a golf cart at the time of the accident which I was not. I was driving a truck, not a golf cart. Are these discrepancies grounds for a dismissal?



Answer

No. Contact the insurance carrier you had at the time. If you had no insurance contact an attorney experienced in defending such claims.



Answer

The summons is for a civil suit correct? I agree with Mr. Slater contract your insurance company. Facts in the complaint which are wrong are not grounds for dismissal but they are grounds eventually for a summary judgment. You need to have an attorney handling this matter and you must RESPOND by 20 days after receiving the summons and complaint.



No comments:

Post a Comment