Sunday 26 April 2015

I have sole custody of my friends now 9 year old. She signed over temporary custody when the child was 2 and i got sole custody signed by a ...

Question

I have sole custody of my friends now 9 year old. She signed over temporary custody when the child was 2 and i got sole custody signed by a judge almost 5 years ago. The mother was addicted to drugs and could not support the child. I have let her maintain visitation although my custody papers say I am not required. The mother now lives 5 hours away and wants custody back of the child that hasnt lived with her for 7 years. She wants to move her 5 hours from her family, both sets of grandparents and all of the family she has established here over 7 years. The mother has open warrants here where we live and a probation violation also. If she were to pay her fines, which i highly doubt she can do, and happened to petition in court for custody what are the chances she wins custody and is able to move the child so far away from the only family she has known?



Answer

I wish you had adopted the child.......that would have ended all this drama. If what you say is all true, I see little chance of her regaining custody. Best Interest of the child is what the court will be guided by.



No comments:

Post a Comment