Tuesday 31 December 2013

I've had legal and primary physical custody of my friends daughter for 2 years now. The child has lived with me for 3 years total. The mothe...

Question

I've had legal and primary physical custody of my friends daughter for 2 years now. The child has lived with me for 3 years total. The mother overdosed on heroin and was not cooperating with Cyf and that's why she had to lose custody per Cyf. Cyf said if I didn't file custody they would have to take the child into the states custody. She already lived with me for a year at that point I wasn't about to lose this child. Now the mother wants her daughter back and is threatening me that she has lawyer and she is going to fight me. Her mother has her first kid, I have the second. My friend has 1 and another on the way. She calls her daughter 1-2 times a month, doesn't send Xmas or bday presents. I been taking care of her for 3 years with no help. The child support system said she dont have to pay because she recieves government assistance. The child goes to school, church, and extra curriculum activities. She's happy and she's doing great. I've had her since she was 4, she's about to be 7. Will I lose her if her mom petitions the court ? Her mom only has supervised visits. Like I said she pops up when it's convenient for her, she has went 35 days without calling her daughter just recently. I live in Florida but it's a pa case. Her mom allowed for her to leave the state with me, it's in the court order.



Answer

Get a Florida lawyer. The long term Fla residence can help you. Best interests of the child always governs. You might need a PA atty as well and if you can't afford one, legal aid could help. Call legal services in county where case took place and ask for legal aid. Call Bar Association.

Call me to talk. No charge

215-370-2608.

Www.saulhsegan.com

Saul Segan Esq



No comments:

Post a Comment