Monday, 20 April 2015

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: FLI'm currently renting a home and have been for six months. The contract between ...

Question

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: FL

I'm currently renting a home and have been for six months. The contract between me and the landlord is supposed to be one year. However I just got word that the landlord has sold the house. Now what happens here? I'm not yet ready to move out and I feel there is a contradiction in our contract. I doubt the new owner to the title will uphold the previous agreement. Would they have to evict me or do I need to pack up now?

What if we refuse to leave the house immediately? Then what?

Someone please help.



Answer

The new owner is subject to your lease.



Answer

Mr. Slater is correct. Your lease survives the sale. The new owner must honor it.



No comments:

Post a Comment